I Spy a Glossy Eye


It’s funny, I’ve never been a huge fan of lip gloss, but eye-gloss? Umm--YES PUH-LEASE! Call it what you want, “the wet eye”, “the glossy lid”, this has got to be one of my favourite current makeup trends. When it comes to my eyes, eye-liner is my best friend and mascara, an acquaintance I see on special occasions. However, sparkles have (somehow) slowly but surely worked their way into my heart, and…well let’s just say I’m no stranger to the occasional glitter liner and/or eye shadow. So, it wasn’t long before sparkles' cousin, gloss, peaked my interest. How could it not though, see for yourself…
I like to think of this as the eye makeup equivalent of the "dewy" face and who doesn't love a healthy glow, especially during the hotter months. Now I understand that “glow” is a scary word for some us…specifically those who are dewy by default (aka have oily skin). HOWEVER, look on the bright side, while the rest of us are spending half of our pay cheque on ANOTHER highlighter we probably don’t need (but it’s just sooooooooo pretty and maybe if I apply it correctly, it’ll make me look like Tanya Burr?!?) you’re already there! Moreover, for those of you who have oily eyelids, well heck, you're TRENDSETTERS, you just didn’t know it yet.

So, while I’m certain there are a ton of products out there that’ll help you achieve this look, these are my budget friendly picks:
1. Vaseline - $2 @ Shoppers Drugmart
2. Smith's Rosebud Salve - $7.50 @ Sephora
3. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - $25 @ The Bay

The best part? All three products are multi-purpose miracle workers. In other words, they each have approximately 6000 other uses apart from helping you achieve this fun trend (I’d list them here, but Google is a thing).
HOW TO: Apply a thin layer of any one of these beauties (over eye shadow, or on a bare lid) to elevate you day or night time look. Want a (moving) visual? This beautiful bronze-y make-up tutorial, using Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream to achieve the glossy eye, is a great example of how work this trend.  


 What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Is the eye gloss cool, does the eye gloss be poppin?
(10 points to anyone who caught my tasteful Lil' Mama reference)
Let us know what you think!
Till next time friends!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment